Saturday, January 17, 2015

Sad days are hopefully over.

  I'm not sure why, but for most of the past week I have been feeling down.  I would usually like to think that I can pull myself out of these little funks, but nothing that normally works has.  I did pretty make-up, I crafted on fun things, I hung out with friends for a bit, but nothing sunk in for more than a short bit.
  Earlier today I volunteered to stay late at work.  No idea why when all I wanted to do was go home and crochet while watching sitcoms on Netflix.  Okay, I do know why.  Saturday's are always crazy busy and crazy understaffed.  Since I stayed later than my 4-9pm shift I got a meal break.  I got one of the quinoa broth bowls from Panera.  I think I was missing food that was both good tasting and good for me.  Once I finished that I felt a lot more positive.

  These might look like regular Mylar balloons, but they are not.  My boss wanted balloons for the class open house that happened on the first weekend of the month.  I got to be the "lucky" person and do all the leg work.  I found balloons, got pricing, and then later bought them, and got them inflated on that day.  She wanted us to pop them at the end of the event and throw them away.  I got paid for them, but I felt my time was worth more than just popping perfectly good balloons.  I took them home with me.
  The latex ones lasted about 28 hours before they started falling.  These have been up for 2 weeks now!  I am impressed.  The sign at the balloon place said they would last between 2-3 days.
  Every time I walk by them I give their ribbons I kind of high-five.  I think they are trying to keep my spirits lifted.  Totally sappy, I know.

  I know, I know.  Still no picture of this scarf I have gotten so far on.  Though one thing I really like about it is that since the stitch count doesn't change I can add up the numbers a lot easier.  Instead of having to stop and keep a list I simply have to take the number of stitches and multiply it by the number of rows.  This is making things go a bit faster.
  I've also noticed I tend to be posting every other day.  I didn't plan on this, but it seems to be working.


Yesterday's count: 810
Today's count: 1,620
Monthly count: 22,614
Finished objects: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment