Monday, January 26, 2015

I wasn't hoping for that kind of encouragement.

  It is one thing if a boss encourages people, but it is another if they are encouraging people to run away as fast as they can.  I got in trouble today for not doing my boss's job correctly today.  Yup, you read that correctly.  I wasn't doing anything wrong in what I should be doing, but I was doing something that I am not technically allowed to (and have not been trained for) incorrectly.  It wasn't even something that was a big deal, the guy on store support was confused why we were even calling about it.
  This is one of the many final nails in the coffin that is encouraging me to find a better day-job.  I'm hoping that with some of the other jobs I am looking at I will have a few more moments to get some crafting done.  Even if I just have a shorter commute I will have more time to make things.

  Now that all the lame stuff from today is out of the way, here is some fun stuff from yesterday:

  This is the crochet woven scarf.  I tried to take a picture of the stitch in more detail, but I think I need an assistant to help hold it out.  It is kind of fun and spattered looking right now.

  Here is the hat I was talking about the other day.  I'm still thinking over if it is long enough or not.  You can see I still left the needles in, it is funnier that way.  I keep leaning more and more towards taking out all the decreases and adding at least one more pattern repeat.
  I also put fancy make-up stuff on my eye lids.  I have been doing that more and more.  It gets to be more and more fun the better you get at it.

  I have been going crazy with my "new" KnitPicks ball winder.  I love it, and not just because it is purple.  Though I have noticed that if I keep going too fast once it starts to get big I have the problem you see above. 

  I also had lots of plans for these little lovelies.  I have not used any of them for this yet.  I have another idea.  I was going to make a small and bigger dress so that a little girl could have a doll with a matching dress.  I have not sewn anything in a while.
  My new idea is to use a few of them with some of my leftover scraps and make some cute knitted and crocheted items for these.  Then I would just donate the doll all by herself.  They are also not hugely expensive so I'm not too worried about running out of them.


Yesterday's count: 4,164
Today's count: 0
Monthly count: 38,150
Finished objects: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment