Saturday, May 17, 2014

I also like tea, in fact.

Since it was the last morning in Oberammergau I decided to try some of the breackfast things
I  had not had before.  The Bavarian cheese spread was pretty good, it reminded me of an
herbed cream cheese.
We were worried about going hungry since there wasn't any time listed for lunch.  But since
we got on the road early enough we stopped over at the place recommended for lunch.
It isn't everyday you get to see a warning like that on a menu.  Bill was tempted to get it. 
I got a wild garlic creamy soup.  It was very nice as it was, but some nice hunks of bread
would have made it even better.

When we got to the location for our tour we found out that the Eagle's Nest was closed due to
snow.  They were afraid of avalanches.  They thought the earliest they might reopen it is next
Tuesday.

We got to learn a bunch of neat things about Hitler and some things about Eva.  We learned
that she was one of the best kept secrets, and that she insisted that she and Adolf be married
soon before they committed suicide together.  Otherwise it would be wrong to find their bodies together if they were not married.

Eagle's Nest is kind of visible from this picture.  It was Hitler's tea house, though he didn't use
it often, he had a place closer he liked going to for tea in the afternoon.  If I had access to a
view like that to experience, I would go up there all the time.
During this tour I also learned that I am not a huge fan of bus tours.  It wasn't bad, and I
might be a bit spoiled from the private tours, but I like being able to stay in areas I like and go
quickly through ones I don't find as interesting.  It is also nice when you don't have to wait for
a bunch of people to get out of your way when you want to take a picture.

We made it back to the hotel in time for cake!  I liked the coffee one, especially with some whipped cream on top.

 They also had this critter hanging out in the main sitting room that had a fireplace.

We got lazy and just had dinner at the hotel.  I decided to go with the Maultaschen this time.
It is pretty much German ravioli and very much yummy.

No update to show on the blanket.  It's not that I'm not working on it, in fact, I added another
skein today.  My problem is that if I want to be able to work on it in the car, I need to end up
leaving it in the car. 

This is Pickle Chathulu, we tried calling it Pic-thulu, but that sounded too much like Pig-thulu,
so we decided against that.

It also seems that I find German cow bells kind of relaxing to listen to as the cows do their cow thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment