Saturday, November 1, 2014

Day 1: Oh boy...fruit.

So this month will hopefully have a lot of words for you to read in it.  A lot of them won't be about stuff I make for charity, but I hope a good chunk of them will be.
Remember back in January of 2013 how I got permission to use some writing prompts of out a book filled with them?  This book to be exact.  How I got all excited and then nothing happened?  Then I planned on doing one a week this year so I would be doing 52 of the 32-62 range I was offered.  Remember how that doesn't seem to have happened either?  Well, here is why.  My big plan was to go through the book and write down all the prompts I really liked.  I would then keep narrowing them down until I only had 62 left.  As fast as I'm working on it, I might have that done by the time I'm 100.  This is code for "I haven't even looked in the book since the day I decided to buy it."
I decided to go super crazy this Nov though.  I am going to use a random number generator and go by what it tells me which one I should try out.  I was going to try and combine NaNoWriMo and NaBloWriMo, but it looks like NaBloWriMo happens in Oct...oops.  I will try and use the spirit of it and post everyday.  I will also keep a running tab of how many words I write for NaNoWriMo.  I know it won't be a novel with one set of characters and all that goes with that, it will be a set of short stories.  I'm okay with that.  I will also be counting any words about my charity stuff to my 50K.  I will also try and not use the "a picture is worth 1,000 words" thing to cheat, but I won't make any real promises.
I might also put more than one prompt in a post since I do have a lot of wiggle room number wise.  I know I have to try for at least 1,667 per day to try and reach my goal by the end of the month.  I know some days will be easier than others.

So today's prompt is.... 493!
Okay...turns out that won't work either.  It turns out that they don't have numbers by them.  More proof that I have not looked at the book since the day I got it.  Time to flip through and see where I land?



She was crazy that way:  Does everything I wrote above count?  It kind of shows how crazy and unorganized I am...  Let's try again.

Make a case for your favorite fruit:
 My favorite fruit is one of those things you either love or hate.  You can even do both sometimes.  The smell right out of the prickly skin is not something for the weak of heart.  It is something like a combination of rotting onions and bad breath.  There are even countries that have signs saying you can't eat it outdoors because then the people around you have to deal with it.  Though the frozen has a lot less smell than the fresh, I don't mind it.  I mostly don't mind it because it doesn't stay around for too long.  You just need to take one bite and you know that a bit of bad smell is worth it.  To me, it tastes like vanilla custard.  Some people like it at room temperature, but I like it chilled.  Then it really seems like custard to me.  It costs a lot per pound and there is a lot of natural packaging that comes with it, but I find it worth it.  I don't even mind that while I'm trying to get through the touch skin into a section, it is trying to poke back at me with sharp barbs.  It is nice on a bad day because there is nothing like stabbing out your frustration and then getting a bowl full of "ice-cream" to help you feel better.
Not everyone appreciates you with you awful smell but amazing taste, durian, but I sure do love you.


Today's count: 697
Monthly count: 697
Prompts used: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment