Saturday, November 22, 2014

I didn't plan on making them so soon.

I got the owls done.  Not that it took very long and I technically got them done yesterday.  I was just on a roll and didn't want to stop.  I also had some Project Runway to watch and didn't want to get up to update the post from yesterday.  I was a bit worried about the fact that these and the Manly Mitts had the same number of stitches, so I had the Hubby try them on and they fit his big man hands.

This is about how far I have gotten.  Here are some of the changes I have done so far for the right mitt:
  • added a Vikkel braid like I had planned after 14 rows for the cuff
  • I worked on repeat plain before I started increasing for the thumb
  • I started the thumb increases on the second knit of the first k2 column of the 2x2 rib
  • I didn't increase to the 17 stitches for the thumb because I plan on picking up more stitches
I didn't change too much.  I'm trying to decide if I should add another braid before I go back to the 1x1 ribbing at the top.  I probably will.  The tentative plans I have for the left mitt have the same start but with the 2x2 rib being on the first needle and I was thinking of mirroring the chart so that way they match a bit more.  The thumb increases will probably be on the first knit stitch of the last column of the 2x2 rib.  If any of this confuses you I am thinking of making a more detailed list of the things I changed once I finish the pair.


I went to the grocery store to get myself some soup and get some kitty litter for Mr. Jag.  I came home with all of that plus all the stuff I would need for the oatmeal in a jar.  Since I have larger mason jars I went with:

  • 1/3 cup Old Fashion Oatmeal
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (I got the one that was 'hint of honey' by Blue Diamond)
  • mango chunks to the top, about half a mango

I won't get to try it until I go to work, but I'm excited.  I also have some powdered honey in case it isn't sweet enough for me.

This might seem like an odd picture to get all mushy over.  This is the handle on the passenger side of the Jeep that the Hubby has resided to retire.  We have been through a lot with this Jeep.  He has had it since part of the way through college.  The Hubby even took it apart and gave it a new sway bar not too long ago.  While he was doing that he also had to replace the brake cables, because one broke when he was taking it off.
The reason I have a picture of this handle is because of the screw.  This screw likes to come loose all the time.  I have tightened it with my thumb many times.  I like doing it, it feels like I'm doing something nice for the Jeep.

The parsley my mom gave me has a new home.  I had one that grew like crazy before, but since it lived outside it was killed off last winter.  I'm going to try and keep this one as an indoor plant.  I'm not the best at keeping plants alive, but I will try my best.
The vine like things you see all around it are tomato plants.  My mom was complaining about how in the past you could buy one plant and then use some of the tomatoes and keep going, but now you only get one batch of fruit out of them.  You can replant the tomatoes and things will grow, but no more tomatoes will be produced.  I had been eating some grape tomatoes and one had fallen between the seat and the middle arm rest.  I discovered it a few days later when I was looking for my sunglasses.  I decided to plant the seeds and see if the plants would make any tomatoes.  So far there is a lot of growing but no buds.  I will keep them going and see if they will make something to eat come Spring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The verdict of the Fridge oatmeal is: meh.  I am going to be doing some tweaking.  I am going to be adding two teaspoons of my powered honey to the mix because the base was not sweet enough for me.  I am also going to double the oats because I felt the oats to chia seed ratio was way off.  I also felt like I would have liked this to make more food and more oats will do that.  The next batch will have blueberries in it.

Like it was mentioned before, The Hubby is looking for a new car.  We went to about seven different places before I went to work and I am pooped.  I took pictures of things I saw that were interesting and I wish I could tell you about it now.  I'm ready to fall over, so everyone will have to wait until tomorrow to hear about the cars.


Today's count: 879
Monthly count: 33,365
Prompts used: 21
Words from titles: 109
Pattern words: 1,387
Pictures posted: 4 (counting only finished objects)

No comments:

Post a Comment