Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tasting things.

  I don't know how my brain wondered over to it, but I randomly remembered an encounter many years ago.  My friend brought some cherry tomatoes to work and raved about how sweet they were.  Being a tomato lover I tried one.  I said that they were only okay.  She said I couldn't taste them correctly because I had a stuffy nose.
  Well, I always have a stuffy nose.  So I don't know if that was it or if it was because they were store bought and I have had them off the vine from the backyard.  It made me wonder if my sense of taste has become more independent from my nose than other people.
  Durian smells horrible (less horrible if you get frozen and defrost it), but that didn't bug me when eating it.  I shared some with a friend and he said he could not get past the smell and just be able to taste it.
  One thing I do know is that I will probably never really find out if I am missing out or not because my nose is so used to the extra moister that it freaks out some if it is gone.  I have had colds before and when I take the cold medicine that dries you out it works too well and I get a head ache.  Then I'm not in the mood to try any foods.  This is why when I get a hint of a cold I down enough vitamin C to supplement a large army.  It worked for me when my old boss gave me his bad cold right before I went to Hawaii.  I know, I had to eat lots of fruit while in Hawaii, my life was hard.
  Also, before anyone worries, I'm 99.9% sure I don't have mold growing in my nose.  Somehow at Knit-night it was brought up.  Someone had a continually stuffed up nose and kept getting worse and worse feeling.  Turns out this person, a she I believe, had black mold growing in her nasal area.  True or not, I don't know, but I do know that I have had a stuffy nose since kindergarten and I still feel fine.

  I have been pretty productive today (in my eyes).  I also noticed something.  I seem to either keep my Ravelry page up to date, or the blog.  The projects that I didn't show near the beginning on the blog had the date on the Ravelry page.  Projects that have been on the blog were not even mentioned on my Ravelry page.  This is crazy!  I need to get into the habit of updating everything at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment