Monday, May 4, 2015

Happy Star Wars Day!!

Happy Star Wars day to everyone!  I wish I had been working on something more nerdy than my Fragole Lace Shrug test knit.  I did put my Skywalker shawl in the sink to soak, so I guess that counts for something.

One of the events at work we had was to make Star Wars craft items.  One of the items was a drawstring bag.  I think I will make a few bags (not all nerdy, but who knows) to donate.  I think that would be fun.

I also ran across this interesting decrease.  Some knitters don't like how their left leaning decreased don't really look just like mirror images of their right leaning.  They both lean opposite ways, but one tends to look more stretched out and not as smooth.  The Slip-Twist-Turn Decrease has the answer to that problem.
I haven't tried it yet, but it looks really cool.

I was also thinking it might be fun to sign-up for the St. Jude PLAY LIVE event.  I love playing video games, I love doing stuff for charity.  Sounds perfect to me.  My only problem right now is that since I am doing a test knit and trying it get more made for my Etsy shop, I don't feel like I would have time to really dedicate to it.  Also, the game I really want to play right now has a higher age rating than I would be allowed to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment