Thursday, December 25, 2014

...and a Merry Christmas to you too.

The bag says "Santa, I can explain!"
I know this blog is all about giving (and food links) most of the time, but I've decided to be a little greedy and show off some Holiday joy.  These are all the presents I got for people who I was going to see today.  My mom, my dad, the Hubby, my co-worker, and her hubby.
 
My dad got a small live tree from his sister so we set that up and piled all the presents under there.  The ones from my co-worker and her hubby were missing, but this was most of them.  We all got some pretty awesome stuff.
 
I have to say that this little cushion was my favorite present.  Being a Navy brat we moved around a bunch, but I don't remember most of it.  When I was about 5 was when my parents moved us to the house that I did most of my growing up in.  They are still in it.  Not long after we got into the area my dad was going to sell his old Fiat Spider.  I don't remember too much about the car other than I thought it was the coolest car ever.
I was about 6 when my dad went to go sell it.  Since I knew that adults did what they wanted to, I knew that I wouldn't just be able to tell my dad that he could not sell the car.  I knew that if I hid the keys he would not be able to sell it.  I found keys that did not look like house keys and figured that those must be the car keys.  Turns out that they were not.
My dad hadn't know about this until very recently and he wasn't sure what keys I hid.  The little cushion was made from the leftovers from the inside of the car.  The new owner had the inside redone and had this made for my dad. I found this in a large box and was confused until my dad told me about it.  I know I need to find a special place for this little cushion.

I hope everyone else out there had a wonderful Christmas/X-mas/Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment