Wednesday, January 18, 2012

You have to start somewhere...

Numbers still don't like me.  I figured my final number for the bottom of the girly caplet I am designing.  I knew that the increases would add to my beginning number by 8 every increase row.  So I took my 229 (final stitch count) and subtracted 8 until I got a number in the area I wanted.
Sounds easy, right? Not for me.
I got 77 half the time and 73 the other half.  I'm not sure how I did it either.
I tried the 77, but it turns out that, while close, is not the number I need.  I've taken it out for the zillionth time and this is how it looks right now:

Time to start again (4th times a charm?)
To make it all up to me for lacking in a math skill that small children can do without thinking about it, my fiance made me this:

It is a rice bake with Italian herbed cheese cream sauce, and Argentine style chorizo.  Why yes, that is also a glass of champagne, I feel it makes dinner so much more fancy.  It also makes me feel like we are celebrating something.
I also helped him make it.  I added more milk when the cream sauce thickened too quickly.  I added the packet of cheese once it was the right consistency.  I also cut opened and crumbled the chorizo.
I did get some odd looks as I took pictures of my plate.  I told him that I didn't want to let down my blog followers!  I know he's just jealous when he continued to give me a funny look.

Another thing....I still haven't heard back about the broken needles.  They do, however, make a good hair stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment