Monday, January 2, 2012

A little more about the things I make

Here is a little more information about where all the items I make go.

I don't personally bring my knitted and crocheted items to the various shelters and other donation places.  I work with Knitters and Crocheters Care.  They have a BlogSpot blog and a Ravelry group.  This is also where I get most of my yarn for my projects, but I do also buy some on clearance when I can find it, or when I have really good coupons.
I try and use mostly arcylic yarn because it doesn't need any special care.  I would hate to spend so much time on something that someone will only get to love for a short time because they lost the washing instructions and felted it by accident(aka washed a hand-wash item only item in the washing machine).

Right now I don't do any sewing, but I hope to change that with this project.  I will have to figure-out places to send those to.  I will try and keep and updated list.

No comments:

Post a Comment