Monday, June 15, 2020

Woodwork Day 52: Stain All The Things

  We were right, they got stained.  The color is so pretty and I really like the way it looks.  It's also interesting that they have the section that will look like it is coming out of the wall instead of just being straight.

  The shelves aren't installed in this picture and a few aren't even seated all the way down, but this gives you an idea of how they will look when done.  They will still need to add the last row of brackets at some point.  Just remember how empty they look now, because once they are done there will soon be a lot of books and board games going onto them.

  I had thought that it would have been easier for them to stain the wood before putting it in, but they did a really good job taping up anything that shouldn't get too much stain on it.  Next they will have to tape the other way when they go to paint the wall.

  I don't think they did anything in the bathroom, but I couldn't tell because they painted or primed the door.  It felt fairly dry to the touch, but not enough that I wanted to risk moving it.  The basement is also starting to get that New House smell.  I wonder if it is the carpet.  It feels so close and still so far.
  Earlier in the day I heard a knock on the front door and then some people loudly asking if anyone was there.  They asked me if I was expecting an order from 84 Lumber.  I had no idea so I told them that they should ask the workers and told them how to find the basement.  I couldn't tell if they brought anything in, but I hope one of the works had a better idea than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment