Thursday, June 11, 2020

Remodel Day 50: Carpet Time

  My house was party central again.  Don't you wish you were here too?

  The railings are in, so now our stairs are safe.  You can also see that they have installed the carpeting.  Bill figured they would do this near the end of the project because it is harder to keep carpet clean when doing construction work.

  They are staining the shelves.  It's not a huge difference, but I like the stained color more than the raw color.  I'm hoping the plastic holds and they don't get stain all over the carpet.

  We found this little wooden disk and wasn't sure what it was.  There it is!  This is a really good idea.  I feel like I might have picked out a different shape of post, but I like this well enough that I don't feel the need to say anything.  I could also just be remembering wrong.
  They have worked on my doors, so they don't have such a wide V opening when closed, but it still has a gap.  They still haven't put the stoppers on, so they can still pull them off to work on them.
  You can also feel the uneven floor sections under the carpeting.  The people who first came in and cut up the slab did a good job of leveling and making it smooth.  The people who came in after to cover the plumbing did not do as good of a job and it's a lot less even and flat.  Hopefully no one will really notice when just casually walking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment