Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Light Stuff Day 49: Also Some Woodwork Too

  These are the hardware pieces that will help to hold the banister.  Look how cute and fancy they are.

  It's coming together!  Bill also thinks that this is what they got the red mahogany stain for since we both like darker wood colors.  I don't remember picking out something this fancy, but I have no reason to think they ordered anything other than what I picked out.

  I was worried that the workshop lighting would be big and clunky and not worth the extra light when I could have the sleek circular lights.  Turns out they are a lot more compact and clean looking than I was picturing.  I'm really glad they look this way.  Bill loves how much light they are giving off when on.  It is quite blinding.

  More pictures of white/clear things in front of a white background.  This is the light fixture above the sink in the bathroom.  I liked how the glass had waves that made it look like water.  It is a bit easier to see with the image enlarged, and even easier to see in person.

  This is a preview of the railing for the banister.  It's pretty funny because without meaning to, I pretty much just picked out what was already there.  This might be a touch larger, but it is the same shape.  It's good to know I like it.

  Bill had talked to the design guys about getting a special light switch.  For some reason they had started installing regular light switches, but he talked with them and the new ones got installed today.  These are dimmer switches and also smart switches.  This means that they can connect to our Google Home and we can tell the house to turn on or off the lights.  Some of them are also multi-tasking switches.  They can pop it off the base and it can act as a remote.  Does this mean there is a good chance we will lose some of them?  Most likely.
  This section was also interesting because to the left, about two feet away is another three way switch; and to the right, by about foot is another outlet.  I don't mind more outlets because it means I can leave some things plugged in.  Bill asked about this since it was looking like another three way switch for one light.  The guy also didn't know why it was rigged up that way and instead we now have two switches and an outlet.  Still just for one light.

  I have not finished with the hat pattern because I was getting it all typed up and decided that I wasn't completely happy with the newer crown either.  I reworked it again and I think I finally have something I like.  This means that I will have to do some math for how much yarn you need because it needs a bit less than the first crown, but needs a lot more than the second one.  I know it would be easier to re-knit the hats, but I don't think I have enough of the right weight of yarn to actually do that, especially since the larger hats are the ones that need more yardage.  I've also found that people can use different lengths of yarn even if they are on gauge, which is a bit odd, but it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment