Thursday, June 4, 2020

Remodel Days 44 & 45: Some Noticable Things

  I feel like the guy was working long enough that there must be other things he got done other than adding the ladder to the egress bump out, but neither Bill nor I could find it.  There was a brush caked with roofing repair stuff, but I couldn't see anywhere with the black sealant on it.

  Today, however, a lot more things got done.  The granite counter tops are in and installed.  I didn't remember what they looked like because my head was in a fog after choosing all the things that I did.  I think they look pretty good.

  I am a bit confused by this because they haven't taped, mudded, or primed the new drywall in the bathroom.  Bill also discovered that the left drawer cannot be used because of the wall.  A good thing to make note of so we can make sure they fix that.

  There is also a new wall by the stairs.  I would have thought that this would have gone up sooner, but here it is now.  It will also need the treatment that the other walls have already received to make it look as nice.

  My craft room closet also has not be primed but it does have a shelf.  I know it is marked as a closet, but it was going to be a storage closet.  Though the fact that I will be getting a rod installed in there means I can hang costumes in there instead of my main closet.
  There was a nice thunderstorm that had rolled in a bit after they left.  I did have a large enough window where I could move my car, and take out the trash and the recycling.  While the workers are parked part of the way into the driveway it makes it hard for me to park close to the curb.  I'm sure there is a way for me to do it, but I'm fine doing it the way I am for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment