Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Remodel Day 57: Moving Heavy Things

  I'm glad I still like the door handles I picked out.  Not too fancy but also not too plain.  They didn't have enough to install all the handles in the doors that need them, so some doors still have holes.

  The drink cooler is in!  I probably knew that there were blue lights, but I forgot, so I got a fun surprise.  I really like how it looks, even though it looks super modern and the rest of the items look a bit more rustic.
  You can also see that we just lost the last port for anything on the switch plate.  That was the easiest fix for it, since it didn't make sense for it to be like that.  They also need to figure out what to do about that shim on the edge there.

  The center is a slightly different color.  I'm glad that since that happened, they noticed it and put it in the center.  I figured there were things drying around it, so I didn't touch it much or see how it felt to sit on it.  They don't need me ruining the things they just finished.

  The keezer is down, which was a surprise to us.  Bill mentioned that even though they helped take the freezer out, that they would not be helping us to bring it back down.  Then today they said they had to get into the garage to bring it down.  They didn't get it at first but got really interested when Bill explained it to them.  I told him that he needs a business card.

  We were a bit nervous that the bathroom wasn't going to have a latch on it and that we would have to add that ourselves.  Another surprise of the day was that they put one in, though you have to pull the door back towards the bathroom some so that latch catches.
  Last night Bill and I tried to see if both of us fit into the tub at once.  It's a bit of a tighter squeeze than we had hoped, but we do fit pretty well.  They also fixed the problems with the doors of the cabinets in the bathroom, so now everything opens just fine.  It doesn't look any different, so we aren't sure how they did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment