Thursday, June 25, 2020

Remodel Day 59: Egress Ahead!

  So it looks like they just shaved a bit off the shelf to get it to work with the door to the water shut off.  This is a bit annoying, since it means that we will have to take everything off the shelf and unscrew the shelf from the brackets to get to it.  Luckily we have only had to get at it a handful of times since we moved in, so it probably won't be a problem.

  The plastic protecting the carpet is gone!  You can feel the oddities in the floor if you know where to walk, but overall it feels pretty plush and soft.  It's a bit cooler than I was hoping it would be, but that will be nice in the summer and I can wear slippers in the winter.  I've already tried laying down on it, and it feels nice, so it passes the carpet test for me.

  It dried out enough for them to finish my egress window.  Luckily there hadn't been any more landslides since the first one.  It's not the prettiest thing, but it does what it needs to and that's all that matters.

  It is about time to call in the first group of people again to regrade the lawn dirt and make it look nice again.  I'm not sure if the hay/straw they put around will get in the way with that or not, but it would be easy enough to get rid of if they need to.  I'm not sure why they spread it out, but I'm sure they have a reason, and I'm sure if someone told me why that I would say that it makes sense.
  The people to do the theatre/media zone stuff should be out tomorrow and I think Bill's real door will be showing up next week.  They had talked about getting the ceiling in the kitchen painted yesterday, but they ran out of time and it looks like they didn't do it today either.  Though there might also be a bit of confusion with it as well.  I didn't completely understand what they were talking about, but I heard someone mention semi-gloss in a confused voice.

  This is my version of the Quick Knit Baby Shrug.  I wasn't sure I would have enough yarn, so I didn't do the largest number if increases.  I also knit until I ran out of yarn, which makes mine longer than the pattern.  I really like how on one sleeve has another color for the bind off.  I also did seed stitch where it has you work rubbing and garter stitch.
  I have too many projects on my mind to do next.  I want to do a semi-mindless shawl, but I also want to do a double-knit color-work hat.  Right now my plan is to start the shawl, and if I don't like it, then I can take it out and start the hat.  I will do the hat at some point, so don't worry, you'll get to see what I'm talking about it.  It's really fun looking and a free pattern, though from looking at it, I might rework the crown to a more gradual curve.  No one should be surprised that I already plan to change the pattern.  It's some kind of crazy fluke that I can follow them correctly when testing patterns for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment