Friday, June 5, 2020

Holes Day 46: Where Walls Get New Holes

  I got to hear an interesting conversation while making and eating lunch.  The worker was probably on the phone with Dave, but he was saying that the wall people walled in something that the plumber needed behind the wet-bar.  He also mentioned that he was going to have to cut a fairly large hole because he only knew vaguely where it was.  Bill and I had been wondering when they were going to get back to the water shut-off.  Kind of important to be able to get to.  Now we get to wait and see if they will just wall it back in or add some sort of access door.

  We have a round but also square theme with the hardware.  This also has one of those pull down heads, so it is going to be a lot easier to rinse the sink out.

  It looks like they are getting the plumbing in for the tub.  You can see how they had to cut a hole in the wall of my craft room and also ended up with a small hole in the bathroom too.  You can see the bucket in the other room.

  We also have a toilet in the bathroom!  It looks pretty fancy with all of it's edging.  I don't remember picking one out that fancy, but there is no reason to say that this isn't the one I picked out, it was all a blur.

  The bathroom will have many shelves in the bathroom.  Someday it will be filled with puffy towels and other nice things.  I'll have to make sure not to overfill it so it stays nice looking and doesn't become cluttered like I tend to do.

  We couldn't find a perfect match for the faucet in the bathroom and the wet-bar.  They are in different rooms and I think they match well enough.  I also am glad that I just had them make a recessed sink basin to fit instead of trying to pick out something specific.

  I have a whole window again!  However, since they ran out of cement bricks before it started raining a bunch, there was a minor landslide into the open area.  The can of roof repair ended up out near this, so I'm guessing that is what it is being used for.  There is also a screen in the other room and that is exciting.  I don't know how much air flow will happen, since it will be closed in at the top, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment