Friday, June 19, 2020

Paint Day 55: Caution Wet Paint

  Yesterday was a day off and we had no idea if they were going to show up today or not.  The shelves are up but the wood isn't secured to the brackets yet.  We shall see what the do about the hole for the water shut-off valve.  So far they have made everything else look nice, so we have no reason to start questioning it now.

  I didn't get to look around too much because a lot of things were still wet from the latest coat of paint.  Last we checked they still hadn't fixed all the small things we brought up, like the drawer in the bathroom and how one of the trims on my craft-room door overlaps the floor framing.  At some point Bill will be getting the door he wanted on his workshop.

  Luckily I managed to get some knitting done, since the pictures are less exciting then usual on the construction side.  I partially designed this hat a while ago, but didn't do much with it.  I then figured it out and got two hats knitted, but then I didn't like what I did with the crown.  I redesigned the crown and knitted two more samples.  I liked it more, but I knew I could better.  I finally got to a crown shape I liked more and that's what you see above.  At some point I will get pictures of each of the design steps.
  I released it today on my Ravelry Shop.  You get four sizes and a note in case you need to change it at all.  I've made so many of these and I'm glad to move on for now, even though they are a quick knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment