Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Our Hard Work Starts Now.

  The table looks really good right there in the center as you open the double doors, but that isn't where it is going to stay once the last wall is done in that room.  Everyone will just have to remember as it is now, open and impressive looking.  I want to wait until they get the last wall done before I move too much into the room.  That way they can access everything.
  I'm glad to be able to use this table because it comes with a pretty fun story.  My dad actually dragged this drafting table out of a dumpster at Mugu in California.  They had probably used it for about 20 years and had fixed it up until the front brackets snapped off.  My dad got them welded back on and he decided to use it.  He found the one person in LA who could add some special drafting table linoleum to the top.  He fit it into his tiny Fiot Spider and drove it to the person and back again in about a week when he was done.  This all happened before I was born, so this table is quiet old.  As of a few days ago, you can find ones very similar to this, but missing the drawers for $500.  Here's to hoping I can take as good of care of it so I can use it many more years.

  Almost everything is on.  Bill isn't sure where one of his books are and there are a few more games that he has KickStarted that still need to come in at some point.  He keeps saying that he might have a problem, but I just look at how cool everything is and how much easier it will be when we want to have a game night to find everything.

  Our Roomba, Garmelie, is a very sassy robot.  He has run a few learning sessions and was having a hard time finding his dock last night.  He has gotten stuck in a few corners in the past and was trying to get onto his docking station for over 10 minutes before Bill just put him back on it last night.  Bill left him training today and I came home to him in his docking station just fine and the Goggle Home unplugged.  Bill and I didn't do it, so it only left Garmelie.  I hope these two can get along in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment