Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Remodel Day 58: More Little Details

  You can see the differences in the finishes of the mud and the paint on the ceiling.  The foreman told the guy to use the white trim paint to cover the matte finish and while the color wouldn't be the same, it would look better.  The contractor said that while it would look closer, it would still look bad because the colors wouldn't be the same.  They did a bit of back and forth where the contractor kept saying that it would look bad.  The foreman then said they were just going to paint the ceiling with ceiling-white paint.  All the other ceilings have the correct paint on them, so the confusion about random things in my house continues.

  There was a hole below the faucet that was patched badly before, but now it looks nice and it looks like they sealed around the tub where it touches the wall.  The upper wall was also smoothed some.

  It is so good that they are thorough enough to make sure that the beverage cooler we got works.  So very considerate.  I think it's really funny, and while it's there, why not use it?

  Bill's room no longer has the door that makes me want to put magnets on it.  This is good because he will be getting the door he really wants instead of the one that was there.  There is nothing saying that I won't want to add magnets to the new door though.

  The plumbing inspector was in and I guess everything looked good because the back of the plumbing for the tub is now behind this little plastic door/cover.  It's good nothing had to be ripped back and done again.

  They asked Bill if we wanted the handles in the traditional spots and we figured why not.  I think we even forgot that we were getting handles since you can open everything without.  They do look nice though.

  The shim is gone and some edging is now there.  It's a bit odd that the edging here is a different color than the ones on other walls in the basement, but I'm pretty sure no one else would even notice.  They also finished filling in behind the hearth topper.  The oddness with the door framing and floor framing in my craft room also got sorted out today.  The last thing they would have to do, if they haven't already, is to fix the bowing on one of Bill's walls.  I didn't check, so they might have already gotten to that too.
  The things for the theatre area arrived today, and Bill and I had picked up the peg board for his workshop late yesterday.  Everything is getting so close and I'm excited and nervous.  I hope we get as much use out of it as I picture and I hope I can get my craft room layout nice fairly quickly.  I will definitely have to downsize some of yarn, because moving it showed me that I have a lot more than I thought.  It went through one sorting and will have to go through another before it gets moved back in for good.  I'm hoping that K&CC will get to start meeting soon after I start going through it again so it won't have to live in my car, like some I already have to donate has had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment