Monday, February 19, 2018

Katsucon 2018 Recap.

  We might have started later than planned, but a ton got done anyway.  We picked up one of Bill's friends and braved the tiny hail to head to The National Harbor.  I was glad Bill was driving because the traffic was crazy.  All the parking lots were full and I'm sure a bunch of the people on the road were trying to circle while new people joined them.  We were told we had to park at the MGM Center and that there was a shuttle we could take back.  It was close enough to walk, but the hail/rain/snow encouraged us to find the shuttle.
  They were out of lanyards when we checked in, but at least there was no line.  We did a lap of the Dealer's Room while trying to see where people I knew were.  It was time to meet people for dinner by the time we out of the Dealer's Room.  It was a bit slushy out, but not too bad.
  While still trying to locate people we did a quick look through Artist's Alley.  It was smaller this year and didn't take too long to get through because I was looking for a certain person and I didn't see their booth.
  We were finally able to locate people!  Kat hadn't had dinner, so we went to Nando's Peri-Peri with her.  I just got a drink while the guys got some snacks.  It was so fun.
  After we got back we found more people and hung out until way too late.

  Sunday was a quick one.  We saw Kat and John before they had to head back home and kept an eye out for anyone we knew who we had missed on Saturday.  It was also the day when we bought everything that had caught our eye the day before.  I may have bought too many sets of shard dice, but I couldn't pick a color.

Now on to the few pictures I took.  Kat and I were talking about how there used to be a lot more hallway shots taken than are taken now.  I have noticed that I also tend to take less, so I'm not helping change the situation at all.  It is just interesting to see how things have changed since my first Katsucon back in 2001.

  I actually saw the person in the next picture first, but she looked busy and I didn't want to bother her.  I figured I would see if she was still there when we looped back.  When I saw her the second time I also saw this person dressed as Vex from Critical Role.  She looked so good and I'm kind of sad I didn't get a picture with her Trinket in it.  She told me that she learned how to hold her bow and arrow that day and was so glad she no longer looked like a dofus in pictures.

  This is the Keyleth I saw and then was starting to kick myself that I didn't ask for a picture when I first saw her.  Luckily she was still there and then the timing led me to see that Vex.

I've considered making this dress and being Morrigan from Dragon Age II.  It had been intimidating to me, but this one looks amazing.

  This picture was kind of funny.  I saw the Mimikyu and wanted a picture.  They were facing the line to get into the Dealer's Room, so I was trying to take it between people.  I had to try three different gaps before I could get it.  When I looked up I saw my friend Bailey to my left in line.  We both said a slightly surprised hello to each other before the line moved.

  I was so excited when Bill pointed these two out to me.  I chased them down the hall before I could catch up and get a picture.  Nott and Jester are my two favorites from the new characters of Critical Role.  I'm always glad when cosplayers have cards so I can find them later online.  Nott is being played by turnfolio cosplay and Jester is being played by ArmariaSeole.  They mentioned that they were Vex and Vax the day before, I'm sad I missed it!

  I did get to see a Vax though.  Everyone else I talked to about seeing Critical Role characters had all seen a few Vexs and a few Keyleths, but I only got to see one of each.
  Now I might have exploded if I had seen a Pike in person, I have since seen a few pictures of some that were there.

  This was exciting.  I like seeing people cosplay from a series they love that isn't always the newest thing.  Xena and Gabrielle were unexpected, but made me happy.

  Kim Possible was another one I wasn't expecting but was happy to see.

  I personally don't see the appeal of posing with the people in costume, but I also don't see why people pose in pictures when they are on vacation.  However, other people are all about it and these guys were so happy after posing with this Halloween Mercy from Overwatch, so more power to them.

  Also, as it always happens, I brought my knitting and didn't work on a stitch of it.  I'm not mad about it, I got to see a bunch of people and had a great time, but just wanted to make a note about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment