Saturday, February 17, 2018

Day 4: The Finale.

9:02 am
  There was some confusion from our project manager.  He told us that the door and gutter people would be working on Friday, which worked a lot better for going to Katsucon.  Turns out that he thought that Friday was the 17th.  He then checked his notes and told me that the 17th was Monday.  I told him I was pretty sure it was Saturday and he told me he sometimes gets his days mixed up.  I think he was thrown off by the fact that we finished the fascia and soffit replacement two days early.  At least I got to sleep in some this morning before the door people rang our bell.

9:12 am
  While I still liked our back door, the wood around the bottom was rotting.  I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but we were told it would work out better just to get a new one.  We are keeping the handles I picked out because we replaced the old ones when we moved in and they are still good.

10:24 am
  Our house looks so much more open with a big hole in the back.  Poor Tank got to see the hole when he was being moved from the bedroom and got super excited before he got locked in the mud room.  I wanted to make sure that if he had to use his kitty-box he would be able to.  He also had not been served his canned food for the day.  Not a good morning for him.

10:32 am
  I heard some sawing and it seems the gutter people have arrived.  Soon after I took this there was a knock on the front door so we could open the garage and get them some power.

10:39 am
  They have been doing a good job at checking the door as they have been installing it.  Bill thinks the old door was also a spot where we were losing a bunch of warm air, so hopefully this new door will fix that problem.

11:18 am
  The original plan was to have only one of us stay with the crew and the other was going to head to Katsucon.  However, when I was mostly ready to go, Bill mentioned that I should bring my big camera.  To do that I had to empty an SD card and make sure I had at least one charged battery.  That took some time and I figured I would hang around until the job was done.

12:18 am
  I was working on typing up this section of the post when Tank got relocated again.  Bill thought he might like a change of scenery.  I think Tank was glad that he was trapped forever in a room with someone else.  He kept resting his head on my hands while I was typing until he saw one of the ladders go up.  He then growled at the workers and ran to where he could keep an eye on them without getting too close.

12:19 am
  I was informed that the gutters were all done.  It is interesting because the down spouts go into the lower gutters and not just to them.  Bill said we were told about this, but I didn't remember that fact.

12:52 pm
  Finishing touches time.  The paint above the door was also a bit marred, bit it looks like the trim they put at the top covers that nicely.  Tank was upset that I left him alone in the computer room.

1:02 pm
  David is the one cleaning, and we told that he would be out every Saturday to clean them for us.  I like that they can joke around like that.  It makes everything more fun.
  A few minutes later, they were all cleaned up and headed out.  Not too long after they left, about 20 minutes, tiny sleet started to fall.  Good timing for us, less so for the next person they were installing a door for.
  Now hopefully Tank won't lick the caulking while we are gone while it is drying.  He's done weirder.

No comments:

Post a Comment