Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Day 2: The Loud People Are Back, but That's Probably Because we Are Paying Them.

  Bright and early at 7:20am, the crew was back.  Though it is still really chilly out, it looks like it is going to be a nicer day for them.

8:12 am
  Same story as yesterday, they are really getting it done quickly.  It is a whole lot louder and also a lot more vibrations going through the house.  Now I see why they tell you to move anything on a high shelf that might not be the most stable.

  This thing is so cool.  For the shorter sections they just had someone hand the plywood up.  That would be a lot harder to do on the main roof.  This little guy holds the plywood and quickly takes it to the top.  It also hauled the shingles and other things with ease right up.

8:15 am
  Here is a closeup of the little machine.  It just has some wheels that carry it up and down the ladder.  Easy and effective.

9:54 am
  So many pieces of plywood are needed to cover the top of our house.  I know it is because we do not have the traditional two sided roof with siding on it, but I really like our roof profile.  I've put similar roofs on the houses I have made in The Sims a lot.

10:30 am
  It stayed colder than would have been nice for them, but at least it stayed sunny.  I'm sure the sun didn't actually help them since it was so bright.  Hopefully it helped them feel a bit warmer. It made some fun silhouette shows for me.

11:10 am
  They took lunch earlier today.  A few of them also are using our lawn furniture we moved to the front tree.  I was surprised no one used them yesterday, they are in one of the sunny spots in my yard.

12:20 pm
 They are doing a good job taking everything off.  I think it helps because we are getting the wood replaced.  It means they are cutting the old plywood and pulling everything off.  There will be a lot less leftover nails found around the house later.  They are going around and putting down tarps and using magnets, but some will always be missed.  It's like when you drop beads, spend a while looking for them, find some more the next few days, and somehow still vacuum some up weeks later.

6:04 pm
  I went to work, hence the jump in time.  I was really surprised to see them still around when I got home.  I heard from Bill that they got really rowdy around 2:30 pm, that must have been when they were getting the shingles on.
  The crew tomorrow will be arriving later than the first phase crew.  They should be showing up around 7:30 am.  Goody.

No comments:

Post a Comment