Sunday, February 4, 2018

"You're bisocksual."

For the person who knits them from both top down or bottom up.  I'm pretty sure I've posted that joke on here before, but I couldn't easily find it, so hopefully it wasn't too recently.

  I decided to make a CC Beanie copycat hat.  It turns out there is a pattern to  make one on Ravelry.  I would just wing the ones I made in the past off the one I saw someone wearing in Eastern Market.  The decreases on this one was nothing like the one I saw.

  I decided to try and use the pattern for the second one.  I did the twisted stitches for the brim and then I tried the regular one-by-one ribbing for the body.  I liked the twisted stitches but I didn't like how the regular ribbing looked on the main body of the hat.  I was pretty sure that the hat I saw in the wild had brioche ribbing and I like the way it looks on the body of the hat better too.
  I tried to do the decreases like I saw on the original hat, but I think I wasn't as aggressive enough with them.  Next time I think I will try doing a p3tog instead of decreasing by the knits and only putting two together.

  Look, another hat!  I had planned on using this yarn and a lighter one to make a two colored brioche ribbed hat.  I ran into problems when I started working with it because it felt so much different than the other yarn I had pulled to use.  Luckily there was enough in the ball that I got a whole hat made out of it alone.  A regular one-by-one ribbed hat is still an awesome hat.

  Yet anoth- wait, something new.  It was interesting.  I cast on an amount that looked like it was a touch larger than my head.  I was hoping to make it into a man's hat and I knew it would expand some as I started working with it.  I finished the first two rows and it looked like it might be a touch too big, but that it might fit someone with a pretty large head.
  Looking at the picture you are probably wondering who I thought would have a head that large.  I'm pretty sure it is about half again as large now as it looked after the first few rounds.  It was kind of weird.  It seems to have calmed down now and has only been growing in height, and not width.

  I also know that I keep talking about a project that will be worked with green yarn and have something to do with leaves.  I also know that I keep making hats that are neither green nor have anything to do with leaves.  I need to make another test swatch before I can begin that one and I keep getting distracted by making hats.  I have my stitch pattern all printed out, so the plan is to make that swatch once I get the cowl off the needles.
  Depending on how long that takes, I have plans for one more hat before I get started on the green leafy project.  One of my friends made up her own method for decreasing and I really like it.  She typed it out for me and I want to give it a try.  The hat will only happen if I finish my swatch and still have time at a knit-night, otherwise it will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment