Friday, March 2, 2018

Project Pan.

  I'm definitely not one to notice new things when they happen, but I usually stumble upon them at some point.  I don't know who started this trend, but I really like the idea of it.  It could also be applied to non-makeup things, even though the name wouldn't make as much sense.
  The idea is to use products up and to 'hit pan' on them.  This is usually referring to powder make-up products since they are pressed into a metal pan.  Many people I've seen have also been trying to use other beauty products like moisturizers and cleansers.
  I'm following the style of Project Pan that I saw Hailey (Just Buy The Makeup) doing.  She called it a rolling Project Pan because she had a bunch of different things, but not too many of each type of item.  Once one thing was done, she was going to replace it with a like item.  Like if she ran out of foundation, then she was going to put a new one in there.  Some people choose all their items for the year at the beginning.  I've seen a lot doing 18 items in 2018.  I'm way too indecisive to pick out everything I would want to focus on all at once.

  Here is the basket of things I have in mind.  The picture is already inaccurate because I couldn't find some items and I also forgot to check my purse for the lip products I put in there to try and work through.  I've added an eye cream, one more face primer, some perfume samples, and a lipstick.  I put the starting list at the bottom of the post.
  You are probably wondering what this has to do with this blog.  If I try and work through things I already have open then that means that I won't be opening new things that are of the same type of item.  Then once I see how quickly I go through each type of item I can judge how many I need.  If I find out that there is no way I will go though all my similar items and I can donate some of the unopened ones before they get too old.
  I've also been doing something similar with my yarn.  That is why I have been making so many things with the leftovers, so a skein of yarn will be done and I won't have a bunch of small bits laying around.
  On that note, the needles I want to use are currently in a project.  I tried using my usual US size 8s in the yarn I have for the leafy green project.  They are too big and you can't see the leaf pattern as much as I would like.

  I got woken up around 3:30am by sounds that made me feel like someone was trying to lift my house off to Oz.  Bill mentioned that we were going to have some high winds and that we might lose power because of it, but he made it sound more like it was going to be starting later than it did.

  I was woken up a little before nine by the sound of wood breaking and I had horrible visions of the big tree right out front of my house coming down and landing on the garage and damaging Bill's Firebird.
  You can click on the picture and enlarge the picture.  You can see that it was a really big tree that came down and took some smaller ones out with it.  Luckily it was in our shared wooded area and wasn't next to someone's house.  It probably came down because it has been raining more days than not over the past few weeks.

  It is kind of scary to see what some moving air can do.  This perfectly healthy branch was broken because some wind knocked it around.
  The wind and other sounds have got Tank on edge.  He was extra snuggly last night and when I got up to get my hanging plant inside he was following me around as far as I would let him.  Now he has been either doing a perimeter sweep or fast asleep in my lap.  At one point he partially woke up, bit the blanket I had on my lap and then was out cold again with the blanket in his mouth and nose down.  He woke-up really confused a few minutes later.


Starting Items List:



  • Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
  • Origins Grapefruit Body Souffle (sample size)
  • Origins Mega Defense SPF 45 (sample size)
  • Origins mystery moisturizer (sample size)
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Refresh Eye Cream
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Primer
  • NYX HD Eye Primer
  • Kat von D Lock-It Primer (sample size)
  • Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer
  • Pur Minerals Correcting Primer
  • Dr. Brandt Pore No More Primer
  • Milani Moisture Lock Lip Treatment
  • Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus in Espresso
  • NYC City Proof 24HR Eyeliner in Dark Brown
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Shimmering Sea
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted
  • Elizabeth Mott Whatup Beaches Matte Bronzer (sample size)
  • Skin 79 Gold BB Cream (sample size)
  • Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ in Light
  • Revlon PhotoReady Powder in Fair/Light
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara (sample size)
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan
  • Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Body Mist (travel size)
  • YSL Black Opium Perfume (sample size)
  • Balenciaga Floraboranica Perfume (sample size) 

No comments:

Post a Comment