Sunday, January 5, 2014

What doesn't this blog have on it?

I got this idea for sandwiches and wanted to share.  I wasn't sure where to put it, so I decided that here wouldn't hurt.
I used to think eggplant was only okay.  I had it the usual way in eggplant parmesan and was never really impressed by it.  It never had a real presence in the dish in my opinion.
The other day I was cutting one up and tried a bit of it raw.  Oh my goodness.  It was so good.  It is lightly sweet and has a nice soft spongy feeling to it.  I thought it would be a perfect replacement for anyone who didn't want to use bread.
I tried something and it didn't work.  Soft things will just get smooshed out as you eat.  You need firm things if you are going to make a sandwich.  If you want to have little finger-food type things, then just cut each slice into quarters and top away.
Some of my ideas for sandwiches are as follows:
  • bell pepper(pick your favorite color) and a bit of lemon juice
  • cucumber and fennel, just like little tea sandwiches.  These could even be cut-up so they are smaller.
  • zucchini and tomato slices with basil
These are just the ones I came-up with in the car.  You could do ham and cheese if you wanted.

Here is a knitted water-bottle cover I made just to make sure this post doesn't go too crazy and to keep this blog legit. (don't take that sentence too seriously)
I don't know why, but it sounds like an awesome idea if I could make a ton of these and have some water-bottle company donate some bottles.  I don't know if these would be something people would need, but I sure do like the idea of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment