Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What is this? Canada?

It has just been way too cold around here for my tastes!  When I was helping a friend move some stuff she brought up here from her parents' place it was about 7°F. The next day(yesterday) it was around 12°F.  Just way too cold for me.  I was even going to bring her bird to her on Tuesday, but I thought it was way too cold for the little feather-poof as well.  My car almost didn't start either.  I was half hoping it wouldn't so I could go back inside and not have to go to work.
Tonight my mom and I ventured forth and made it to knit-night.  As we were walking by we saw a demo was being given.

Arm knitting!  I knew about finger knitting, but nothing about arm knitting!  It looked pretty cool.

In one direction you have the working yarn facing towards your body and facing away in the other.  It was really cool.  She had a few lengths of cowls and scarves with her to show-off the finished product.  I might have to try it out, it looks so nice and soft. 
I am back to working on my double-knit spiral scarf.  I put it down because it was feeling really slow and boring.  Now that we have had time to think about our differences, it is going fast and is fun again.  Everyone was going on and on about how good it is looking so far.

Some of you have probably noticed that I mentioned my awesome idea last year, but nothing has come of it.  I know I said I was going to do one of the writing prompts every week of the year and we are almost at the end of week two.
I've noticed something about this year so far.  It seems like the year to slowly start things.  Not put them off, but ease into them.  I think I'm okay with that being the theme of this year.  It's not that we won't get things done, but we won't rush into anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment