Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Not Just Baby Things

PatternQuick & Easy Granny Stitch Bucket Hat by KnottingHookCrochet - Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Stripes in Motion Stripes - Hook: 6.5 mm
  When I look at PassioKnit Kelsie's hats, it doesn't look like they flair out as much as mine do.  I'm starting to wonder if some of the problems I am having is because I'm using acrylic yarn and everyone else I see making bucket hats are using cotton yarn.  I switched to cotton yarn and tried an 8mm, but that would have gotten me a 26.7" hat.  I then tried a 7mm and that was a lot better, but still a bit big at a 23.7" circumference.  The next test is to compare a 6.5mm plastic hook to a 6.5mm metal hook to see if the hook material makes any difference. 
  I found out that mine was still too wavey even with the right gauge and same materials.  I did two plain granny clusters between the increases on the first brim increase round and three on the second.  I like it a lot more and I think it sticks out enough to have the brim still be efficient in blocking the sun.

Yarn: Big Twist Living in Authentic - Hook: 5.5mm
  I was bummed that I didn't get to go to Yinzcon N!at this year.  I had the yarn and hair pattern picked out for the worms since right after Rocky Takes the Garden State last year.  I saw the colors of their ad and knew what colors I wanted to use.  I happen to find this yarn at JoAnn Fabrics and knew it would be perfect.  Bill convinced me to make the worms anyway, since I've been so excited about it.  After that Ryan agreed to take them and leave them out for people to find.  I liked the idea of them appearing without me being there, since I'm still trying to be a bit sneaky about them.

Pattern: All in one OCTOPUS by Criss Wall - Size: Mini - Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in various colors - Hook: 6mm
  I saw someone post about these on one of the Random Acts of Crochet Kindness groups I'm apart of on Facebook.  Being me, I altered how I worked them.  When I was adding the regular pony bead eyes, I added them on row four.  If I was adding one of the stars or hearts, I added them on either row four or five.  I also did a chain 7 for each tentacle because I added a 2sc as the first cluster instead of going right into the 3sc clusters.  I also stuffed the octopus before working the plain 8 sc row instead of after the tentacles because I found it was just a bit too tight to get in to.

  During one of her feedings I gave her the option to keep eating once we got rid of her hiccups.  She gave me the side eye and just opened and closed her mouth around the nipple.  Like she was fake eating to appease me.
  She keeps trying to suck her thumb but can't figure it out.  She opens most of her hand, but keeps her thumb tucked into her palm.  She flails her head back and forth trying to find her thumb but can't since it's hidden away.
  At her one month appointment she was: 1'9.1" tall, 7lb 15oz, and had a 14" head.


Yearly Yarn Tracker:
Yarn In: 24 (0)
Yarn Out: 35 (1)

Total: -11

No comments:

Post a Comment