Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Doll Hexagon Cardigans

Pattern: Crochet Hexagon Sweater - Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes in 205 Brown Blue Pattern - Hooks: 3 mm and 2 mm(cuffs)
   On Instagram I saw mamakasskrochet fold her hexagon in a different way than they normally are to make a cardigan.  Instead of making an L shape, you make something that looks more like a bridge.  Since I have two of the same doll, I thought it would be fun to make one style of hexagon cardigan for each.
  For the squared hexagon sweater I did a slip stitch join to connect the edges.  For the bat-wing sweater I followed the Join As You Go method posted on YouTube by Hooked by Robin.  I ended the row on the edge of the sleeve so it was easy to single crochet around the edges.  When I was done with the bat-wing sleeved version, it got me wondering if I made a heptagon, could I get the body to look like the squared off version, but still have the dramatic sleeves.

  I know I told Bill that this was going to be The Year of The Doctor, but I meant things like getting check-ups, and getting his elbow looked at.  After I got home from knitting last week he came home from work late.  I found him in the game room with a concerned look on his face.  He asked if we had any regular aspirin and said I might have to take him to the Emergency Room.
  We only had low dosage Aspirin, but we went to the closest ER.  They ran an EKG and ruled out heart attack.  The doctor wanted a CT scan done to rule out a blood clot in his lungs because of the pain in his chest and the elevated heart rate.  They didn't have the machinery to do it, so he got transferred to the hospital that I had gone to when I had the skin infection on my legs.  Because of the elevated heart rate they took him by ambulance.
  I caught up to the ambulance enroute, even though I kept getting caught behind red lights.  The paramedics told me that I would just need to go into the ER as normal and tell them that my husband was dropped off.  They said that after that they would either take me to his room or tell me the room number.
  When I walked in the security guard told me that if he was transferred from another hospital that they would have given me a room number and was confused why I didn't have that information.  Turns out the first hospital didn't even give that information to the ambulance guys either.  After calling a few people he took me back to Bill's room.
  I got greeted with "Hi, Sweetie" from the nurse in his room, it was really cute.  He got wheeled out from the room for the scan and I heard some nurses talking about how someone has brought Old Bay Goldfish for the break room.  The place was super busy, I saw about seven people in beds in the hallway while Bill was getting scanned.
  The scan was clear but the doctor gave him some ketorolac because he still felt the pain in his chest when reclined or laying down.  It was for inflammation but it also seemed to lower his blood pressure and his heart rate was lower than before, but still elevated for him.  We hung out for a bit longer because the doctor wanted him to have a bag of fluids.  I was feeling hungry and the nice nurse found a bunch of crackers for me to eat.  They advised some Advil for the pain, but couldn't figure out why he was feeling the discomfort otherwise.
  In the morning he said still felt it in his chest, but nothing has gotten worse, other than the headache from lack of sleep.  He's feeling much better now.


Yearly Yarn Tracker:
Yarn In: 5 (0)
Yarn Out: 14 (0)

Total: -9

No comments:

Post a Comment