Friday, May 4, 2018

Happy Star Wars Day!

  I meant to post about the 5K I mentioned before but then work got crazy again and I kept putting it off.  We had so much fun that day.  We got in a little later than planned, but still before the talk at the beginning.  We weren't the only walkers, but we were the slowest walkers.  That being said, we beat out test time by 13 minutes and we even got stuck at a few lights.  We did so awesomely.  There was water, granola bars, oranges, and donut holes waiting for us when we got back.  They were also all packed and just waiting to get out of there even though the event was scheduled to go another hour and a half.

  I finally finished it!  I wasn't sure how long to make it since the body was done in a 2x2 ribbing and tends to shrink to about half size.  I was considering trying it on for the picture, but it has been 90° out and our AC has stopped again.

  You can see the cap sleeve details in this picture.  I am pretty proud of how they turned out, even if no one will see them.

  We have a new AC until on the way and it will come in on Monday.  The repair guy and I were both bummed that we couldn't just do a lasting fix to repair our current until.  Yes, it is very old, but I feel like that also means that it was made to a higher durability level than the ones now.  He kept repeating that it was 'a shame to see it go' and that 'they don't make them like that anymore'.  For some reason it is getting too much power when switching from heating to cooling and that is burning one of the wires.  Not sure why it is suddenly doing it and I didn't think to ask him then.  I'm still bummed but everyone keeps telling me that the new one will run more efficiently and we will save money.  I'm also pretty sure that we are the last in the neighborhood to still have our original until.
  Tank is having a great time because we are leaving the windows opened during the night to help cool the house down.  He has been super hyper in the morning and then crashing around mid day.  He has been watching the latest batch of fox babies run around.  He wants to play with them so much because he loves pouncing and wrestling and that is all they do all day.  There are five babies and I'm not sure how all of them and Mom fit in the small den, but they manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment