Friday, April 13, 2018

Happy Friday the 13th!

  Tomorrow is the big Japanese Cherry Blossom festival in Washington DC.  I went once many years ago and while it was fun, I also felt it was too crowded to want to do again.  In previous years I usually had to work on Saturday, so it didn't really matter, but this year I have it off.  I know a few people who are going and I hope they have fun.
  Another good thing about this year is that it looks like the trees will still have flowers on them.  Most years the blossoms have come and gone before the festival and a few times they don't bloom until after it.  I always feel bad for people who plan their trip around the big weekend since they rarely get to see them.

  I also don't have to go all the way into DC to even see some cherry blossoms.  A few of my neighbors have some white blossom trees.  I personally like the pink ones better, but if I really want to see those then I just have to hop onto the Metro.

  I had planned on knitting all day, but Bill's cousin was coming into town and was going to stay with us for the weekend.  Instead of getting closer to the end of the blue sweater I spent some time cleaning the house.  The guest bed room got new sheets and vacuumed.  I also mopped the guest bathroom with my Swiffer.  I didn't read the back of the all-purpose cleaner I recently picked up and so I didn't know I had to rinse it off the area I cleaned.  I just happened to glance at the back later and notice this fact.  I wondered what would happen if I didn't rinse it but found out that on tile it leaves a tacky feel.  It was also showing all my footprints, so I had to rinse it.  It was really weird when I was going back over it and the residue started to foam up again.

  Later in the day Krissy came over because she was nervous about something I wanted to do with her.  I wanted to do the Grub for Good Fun-Run 5k, but I didn't want to do it alone.  She was nervous that she wouldn't be able to finish it.  The website says that all fitness levels are welcome and that it is untimed.
  We decided it would be a good idea to do a trail run of our walk.  We laced up our sneakers and headed out.  I set a timer so we could see how long it took us.  I had it in my purse so I couldn't see the time, I figured we would just walk and see how we do.  We walked, we took water breaks, and even smelled some good food smells.  We got back and felt pretty good about how we did.
  I had figured that we had about two hours as our max time if we wanted to finish the 5K and still get to have some snacks.  When I looked at the time, we had finished in 1 hour 21 minutes.  That means we could have walked even slower or taken more breaks and still be within the time.  She is a lot less worried and a lot more pumped about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment