Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Green Leafy Thing is a Go!

  I feel like I should say something about best laid plans and how they never work.  I finally started on the green leafy thing!  I had planned on having the collar have two sets of leaves growing out of each other and even planned how to add a hidden button hole around that idea.
  I found a chart for the pattern I wanted to use and then changed it so that it would curve and not just lay in a flat line.  I spent a while prepping for this stage.  The outcome was almost too wide for my shoulder area, so it definitely would have been way too big for a child.

  I decided to try using just one leaf and I liked it a lot better.  I was even messing with short rows and getting it to curve.  I still thought it was missing something and took this one out and added two more stitches to the right side.  I am super happy with it, though I think it would have been cooler if I had just increased out for the first leaf instead of the increases and decreases to form it.  I could have also done the decreases for the button tab differently, but that is just me being picky.

  My Saturday had been filled with shooting of all kinds.  I take pictures during the Women on Target event at my local IWLA.  It is a really cool event because women can come and trying shooting sports without the pressure of a boyfriend or father telling them they are doing it all wrong or trying to show off.

  I can luck out and get some really cool pictures throughout the day.  It is fairly easy to get pictures at the shotgun range of the case flying through the air, it is a lot harder to time it so you can see the blast coming out of the front.
  Only women can sign up for the event and it is held once a year where I take pictures.  It is held at a few different locations across the US.  There are some classes on how to choose a firearm and how to not be a victim both inside and outside of the home.  The ladies can also try shooting shotguns, rifles, pistols, air rifles, black powder, and bows.  Everyone had always had a really good time.


Project Pan List:

Regular Items:
  • Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Refresh Eye Cream
  • NYX HD Eye Primer
  • Kat von D Lock-It Primer (sample size)
  • Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer
  • Pur Minerals Correcting Primer
  • Dr. Brandt Pore No More Primer
  • Milani Moisture Lock Lip Treatment
  • NYC City Proof 24HR Eyeliner in Dark Brown
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Shimmering Sea
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted
  • Elizabeth Mott Whatup Beaches Matte Bronzer (sample size)
  • Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ in Light
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan
  • NYC Ultra Last Lipwear in 416 Berry Rich 
  • Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Body Mist (travel size) 

Gimme Items:
  • Origins Grapefruit Body Souffle (sample size)
  • Origins Mega Defense SPF 45 (sample size)
  • Origins mystery moisturizer (sample size) - 5/14
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Primer
  • Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus in Espresso - 3/15
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara (sample size)
  • Revlon PhotoReady Powder in Fair/Light - 4/9
  • Skin 79 Gold BB Cream (sample size)
  • YSL Black Opium Perfume (sample size) - 3/5
  • Balenciaga Floraboranica Perfume (sample size) - 3/17 (given away)

No comments:

Post a Comment