Tuesday, May 22, 2018

FL Day 4: We Found The Bars

  I finally got my eggs!  I ended up with more than I thought I would.  I asked for two eggs worth and ended up with what looked more like four eggs to me.

  The lobby had these cool looking stools.  There was also a spot light on them so you couldn't miss the fake gold fish.

  Some of the guys went for a quick ride around the town while the rest of us puttered around the hotel.  Around 10:25am a helicopter kept making passes around the other buildings near us.  They were also on their side a lot, so I don't know if that means they were looking for someone or what.

  We hopped on the shuttle and headed down town.  We managed to find a Harley Davidson shop and spent some money.

  The plan had been to go down one side of Duvall St and then back up the other, but Glenn and Trish saw Hog's Breath Saloon and the plan went out the window.  They had spicy Bloody Mary's with pickled green beans.

  After a bit more wondering we found the end of Duvall St and the "selfiest point" in Key West.  I got green olives in my Bloody Mary this time.  I took a bunch of pictures of boats while we waited for people there.
  Around one we left and headed to Capt. Tony's Saloon since we had heard good things.

  It turns out they don't have any food, but there was another dog for me to pet.  A girl there also said that I had a nice smile.

  This was across the street and a local said it was good.

  I got the fried avocado bowl with black beans and it was awesome.  We also had a wide range of weather while we were here.  It started raining soon after settled in and then was super sunny.

  They had the option to try both Kermit's Key Lime Pie(right) and Key West Key Lime Company(left) pies.  Kermit's is more like what I'm used to at home and Key West was more airy and a tiny bit more tart.  I liked both a lot more than the one I had last night.

  Since our bellies were full we swung back by Capt. Tony's Saloon.  I got their Capt. Tony's Amber and it was quite good.

  We finally make it to Sloppy Joe's!  The guy performing was from Maryland, oddly enough.  He was pretty good and I had no complaints about him.

  I found a kindred spirit at Green Parrot.  There was a pigeon snagging any of the free popcorn people dropped.  Loves popcorn, eats food other people don't want?  Sounds just like me.

  Our next stop was the White Tarpon where I got a Key Lime Martini.  It was really good.  We then headed back to Sunset Pier to see if the clouds had parted enough for us to catch the sunset.  All the tables were taken but I kind of inserted myself between two smaller groups so I could try and take some pictures.
  We then headed back to the Hotel and hung around the Tiki Bar before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment