Sunday, March 25, 2018

Let The Festivities Continue!

  It is really interesting comparing how I celebrate my birthday now compared to how it was celebrated when I was a kid.  When I was a kid I would get one big lunch with a bunch of people, but that was because it is a lot easier to try and get people together when your schedules are fairly similar.  Now I have friends that work a standard desk job week and also people who work retail and have no standard week.  This means that I get lots of little celebrations so I get to see everyone at some point.  I definitely like the second method better.

  I was going through a bag of yarn and found this.  I have no idea who made it, but it is cute.  It looks like the person who made it might have had some gauge problems, but that won't change how well it will work as either a face cloth or dish cloth.  It feels like a very soft cotton yarn and I love the color.

  This was my couch project.  It definitely went a lot faster than I had thought it would.  I'm sure some people might not like the color combination, but I like it.  Hopefully someone else will like it and claim the cowl.
  The pattern turned out just how I pictured it.  I had planned on making it look the same on the top and bottom, but I ran out of the purple.  I'm actually really happy with that.  I feel like this would be good for team colors or something.

  I'm thinking of my swirl scarf becoming my new couch project.  The metal board I have the chat on doesn't have any way to cover it, so the markers can move around if it rubs against something in a bag.  I won't have to worry about that happening if it is sitting on or near the couch.

  Now I have to get ready for a birthday dinner tonight and there is also going to be a shared birthday lunch on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment