Friday, March 9, 2018

I Sense a Theme

  It can be hard to tell size in a picture, but this was going to be a brioche hat.  It ended up being about 42" in circumference.  Definitely a good size for a cowl, but not a very good size at all for a hat.  I still have no idea how it managed to grow in width as much as it did.  Everyone told me they loved the colors as I was making it.  It was a ton of fun to make and I would definitely make another one.

  This might just look like a plain hat and you are probably wondering why I wanted to finish this before more interesting things.  This hat has decreases that have been prefected by my friend.  I really liked how they looked and she sent me the instructions on how to do it.  I really like how it turned out and I'm wondering how it would look if I did the same decreases on a plain knit hat.  It actually was a really fast knit and I had fun with a simple project.

  This was an interesting project.  I had planned on just using the green and the orange/brown.  I ran out and switched from the green to the blue.  I was temped to switch the orange/brown to red, but then I worried there might be too many colors.  The decreases on top might have looked cooler if I had switched, but I like it this way.
  I have a few more scraps, but I think I have gotten all I am willing to get out of them.  I don't want to throw them out, so I will be brining them with me to the next K&CC meeting.  I'm sure someone will be able to use them.

  The next thing I will be working on is something I started a long time ago.  My original plan for it was to be an off the shoulder raglan style sweater with a fold over shoulder thing.  Well, I went a little overboard on the folded shoulder thing and I don't think this sweater will stay on your shoulders at all.
  I really don't want to undo all the work I have done, so I think I will take out the last few rows and turn this into the body of a vest.  Once I get this done, then I can use the needles for the project I keep teasing you with.  I did a quick Ravelry search and have a few options for patterns I might try and follow for the top of the vest.

  I decided to re-do how I'm keeping track of my Project Pan items.  I know I will be adding more samples as I go through my make-up since I am working on reorganizing and I will find things I forgot I had.  I also wasn't sure how to take note of those things, so now I will divide them up into the 'regular products' and the 'gimmie products'.  The 'gimmie products' are things I know I will finish without a problem and just haven't been finished before because I forgot about them.  It will be really amusing if I manage to not finish one of the 'gimmie' items.


Project Pan List:

Regular Items:
  • Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Refresh Eye Cream
  • NYX HD Eye Primer
  • Kat von D Lock-It Primer (sample size)
  • Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer
  • Pur Minerals Correcting Primer
  • Dr. Brandt Pore No More Primer
  • Milani Moisture Lock Lip Treatment
  • NYC City Proof 24HR Eyeliner in Dark Brown
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Shimmering Sea
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow in Enchanted
  • Elizabeth Mott Whatup Beaches Matte Bronzer (sample size)
  • Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ in Light
  • NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan
  • NYC Ultra Last Lipwear in 416 Berry Rich 
  • Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Body Mist (travel size) 
Gimme Items:
  • Origins Grapefruit Body Souffle (sample size)
  • Origins Mega Defense SPF 45 (sample size)
  • Origins mystery moisturizer (sample size)
  • e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Primer
  • Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus in Espresso
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara (sample size)
  • Revlon PhotoReady Powder in Fair/Light
  • Skin 79 Gold BB Cream (sample size)
  • YSL Black Opium Perfume (sample size) - 3/5
  • Balenciaga Floraboranica Perfume (sample size)

No comments:

Post a Comment