Wednesday, March 14, 2018

How Does This Even Happen?

  I know I mentioned that I was going to turn the piece of knitting I have into a vest, but I've changed my mind again.  I took another look at it and noticed that I must have been looking at both sides stacked because it didn't look so long as I remembered.  Then, just for fun, I decided to look at some off the shoulder raglan sweater patterns.  The first pattern I looked at matched my stitch count perfectly.  So it looks like it will be a sweater after all.  I have still not decided if I will be adding sleeves or making it a cap-sleeve pattern.

  I also noticed when I looked at it closer that I did some decreasing before I switched to stockinette.  I did a k2, p1, (k2tog, p1)x5 along the whole top before doing two rows of knit with 208 stitches.  I'm also pretty sure that I changed needle sizes too.
  This will also be nice because it will be good to take to knit-night.  I won't have to pay too much attention to it, but it won't be too boring, well, at least it won't be until I get to the main body.  Then it will be good mindless knitting, so hopefully there will be a lot of interesting conversations going on around me.

  The biggest monster was made by Jan and the little crochet guys were made from a lady in the Knitting Guild that a few of our K&CC group also belongs to.  I love how they look like they are going for the chocolate.

  I didn't catch either of their names, but this is a small section of a blanket that was donated.  The mother of the knitter/crocheter came in to donate a few large blankets to us.  Her daughter was too sick to come in to hang out with us, but hopefully she will be able to make it next time.  This was my favorite one because it looks like it was so difficult to make, but was so easy.  I love the basket weave feel and the mock cable.

  I was a bit slow getting a picture, but you can get an idea of how large that blanket on the left is becoming.  It has cables with feather and fan panels.  I might have to make a blanket with cables in it if I feel like tackling another large project.

  I started this swatch back when I made the other honey-comb cowl.  I thought it would be a lot of fun to do it in two colors.  I probably saw someone else's in two colors and loved the way it looked.  You can see both colors when you pull the knitting out a little, but just sitting as it is now, you can only see the red.  If the yarns were a wool I might be tempted to make it, but since these are acrylic they won't block as nicely.  I have another cowl idea for them.  The pattern I'm going to be using will be based of the CC hat.

  I almost forgot about this guy!  I finished it and then just put it right into a bag to take with me to donate.  I wish I could remember when I started it, but I think I have narrowed it down.  I started it somewhere within the years 1997-2002.  It was going to be a bed spread.  I wanted it to go over my twin size bed and reach the ground on both sides.  I didn't get very far before I got distracted by a lot of things and didn't even find it again until last year when I was really starting to get my craft-storage room in order.
  I know I will never finish it as is, but it was a really good width for a scarf or a wrap.  All I had to do was to finish the double crochet row I was on, do a full treble crochet row, and then finish it with a single crochet row.  I really like how that pattern looks and while I have fun doing it, I know I won't finish a giant bed spread.

  Happy Pi Day everyone!  This is only one of many pies that I enjoyed.  For dinner my mom and I had a piece of pizza pie.  Then I had a piece of bourbon walnut pie and my mom had a rhubarb strawberry pie.  The one above is Bill's piece of pie.  I wish I knew where to get a single serving of Shepard's pie, but I could have also gone with pot pie for lunch.

  You might have noticed that the giant list for my Project Pan isn't at the bottom of this post.  I have not given up on it already, I just don't have an update.  I didn't want it to get repetitive, so I think I will only include the list when I have an update.  It will make it easier if someone sorts by the Tag and they won't have to see the exact same list a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment