Friday, October 10, 2014

I Love Yarn Day!!

Today was so much fun!  My mom and I got to Nature's Yarn a little after 10 so we were there when she first described how to do the knitted magic loop cast on, but the nice lady next to me helped me.  Once we got the hang of it we were then kicked out of the back room so people could use that table for making felted leaves.

I got to try Vickie Howell Craft(Ravelry link) yarn.  I love it.  It is made out of 35% milk fiber and 65% organic cotton.  Too bad I leaned that it is discontinued.  I also got to try square needles for the first time.

They were fun to use except that they were a tiny bit too short.  The end was right where the heel of my hand was, so I got a nice red area.
The pattern we used had both the knit and crochet versions on it.  Spice & Clove Knit and Crochet Pumpkins are too cute for words.

As usual, I don't know how to follow patterns.  I added more rows to the body, 14 instead of the 8 it calls for.  I also did not add the segments.  I just pulled the tail from the beginning through the middle and tied them tightly.  Instead of a regular stem I added a crochet spiral as a vine.  Where I tied the vine on looks a little like a tiny stem.

Last year there was a variety of dips and desserts.  This year there was only some donuts, coffee, and cider.  So I was very hungry after making my one pumpkin.  I might have started on the crochet version if there had been more to snack on.

I got two packages of gimbap (aka kimbap: 김밥).  I had it a while ago, but I didn't know what they were called.  The one on the left has the rice colored with wine.  It doesn't change the flavor too much, but I like the nice purple color.
The thing on top is the scarf part of the pattern I am writing.  It will be free, but I need to hurry and finish the samples so I can get a picture.  I can't wait to put it on Ravelry and see all the versions people make!

No comments:

Post a Comment