Friday, February 3, 2012

The joy of purling

I finished the present this morning and took it in. I had put it in a shopping-bag from work and I was going to claim that it was a return and surprise her with the jacket.  When I got there the line was too long and I didn't want to wait, so I just went looking for her.  When I saw her I said "Oh, there you are.  Here." and handed her the bag like she should have been expecting it.
She loved it and wished it was in her size.  She has promised me pictures of her Little Man in it!

To reward myself I have done a few things so far.  I took myself shopping in my stash.  I came out with enough yarn for 1.5 sweaters, a shawl, some fingerless mitts, and a few pairs of socks. I may have overdone it a bit.  Also, while watching Julia Child hack at a turkey breast (sending bones flying though the air) I ate a giant shortbread cookie.  I am now back to the caplet.
The only real reason I have gone straight back to something big is because I couldn't find the perfect yarn for the Natalie Mitts I want to start.  I have one in the perfect colors, but it is cotton, and I have the perfect yarn, but it is in the wrong colors.
Though, even though the caplet wasn't my first choice for knitting right now, I am very glad it happened.  After so many days of just knitting garter stitch, I am kind of tired of the knit stitch.  With the lace pattern I do a few plain knits and some odd knits (decreases), but on the way back, it is so nice.  I just purl across!  How I have missed purling!

No comments:

Post a Comment