Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mittens are easy!

I started the mittens Fri morning, had to go to work for 8 hrs on Sat, and finished them today!  They might not be a perfect size (a bit short for their width) but I know they will fit someone.  They are also very warm, my hand became sweaty in the time it took for me to take the picture of one of them.
The pattern is Simple Braided Mitts (Ravelry link) that I turned into mittens.
The colors are a bit light here, but it lets you see the stitches better.
The colors are still a bit more yellow here than they are in person, but this is a lot closer for the color.  They were so fast, easy, and fun to knit!  I also have an idea on how to make the braids look a bit better.

I think I am going to try something a bit different on the next hand-covers I make.  I think I will only add a braid where the colors change.  That will, hopefully, let the ribbing pull in a bit tighter.
Now the hard part...picking out yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment