Thursday, April 30, 2020

Remodel Day 29 & 30: Some Stuff Got Done?

  Lately it seems to only be one or two people working.  So while they are here for a good amount of time, not a ton is getting done.  Also, with smaller details it is easier to miss them.  Like the fact that they had to redo this section of the wall because the size of the door frame was not correct.  They did that, let everything dry, and added the metal bits for the pocket door.

  Since the last few days was just a lot of little things, like fixing where they had previously just put some bare wood here, I figured that I would combine days again.

  I know it is terribly exciting to see the bits of drywall go up, but I'm not sure I could come up with enough words to not just keep repeating "More drywall over here" over and over again.

  Bill's room now has all the walls, but you can see the one on the right needs a bit of tweaking.  He says this probably took a while to get done because the wood is pretty heavy and getting all the cuts done well is tricky.  I'll have to take his word for it since I've never done anything like any of this before.
  Tank has been getting better about the sounds of strange people coming into the house and that he can't check them out or see what they are doing.  I stressed him out at one point by leaving him in the bathroom by himself while I had lunch and did some other things in the kitchen.  It took a bit for him to calm down again, but we got there in the end.  He definitely likes trying to help with my knitting, so I've been having to do it just when he's sleepy and not when he's hyper.

No comments:

Post a Comment