Saturday, April 4, 2020

Foundation Day 8: The Beep-Beeps Are Back

  Phil said the inside and outside work by this people will be done today.  He said we didn't have drainage on all sides of our basement before, but now we do.  They are putting another sump pump in, so now we have two.  They will be coming back later to regrade the back and add seed and make it all pretty.  The said that after one of their other jobs a neighbor asked if they had had a landscaper come out, so it sounds like they really will make it pretty good looking.

  Mitch (the BobCat driver) and Bill bonded some more over home brewing and his Trans Am.  I feel like they could be pals in their off time.  Tank will be glad that the BobCat is going away because he didn't like the beeping it made when in reverse.

  The cement they use takes about 48 hours to finish curing.  This is good timing because the next set of people won't be out until Monday.  They did a really good job at smoothing it out, but I've also never worked with cement before, so it might be pretty easy to work with.

  I don't think they know how motes work.  You don't usually fill them with dirt, but I'll trust them on this manner.  Bill was mentioning that he had been thinking of re-landscaping this side of the front of our house anyway.  I'm hoping to be able to get a rosemary bush in there somewhere.

  Phill talked about how if they had been able to get someone out from the other team, that he could have had his people put in the U of my egress window.  It seems that the right people hadn't been able to coordinate quickly enough, so it's still sitting in our driveway.

  I feel kinda silly.  I had listed some of these on my Etsy shop and got a sale!  I had thought that I had condensed all my Etsy shop items in one bin, but when I looked in there I couldn't find the blue beaded ones.  I looked for a while and in all the places it might have been in, but no luck.  I then had to go into my crafting storage room and get the supplies to make more.  I made another set for her and I hope she doesn't mind that they will look a bit different.
  Though we are stuck inside still, Bill is going to be making bacon wrapped pork chops for our anniversary dinner.  I have his present all finished and ready to give to him.  I also have most of my to-do list done for the day!  Today was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment