Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Framing Day 16: Egress Window Now Has a Hole to Sit In

  This is a nice look.  I'm guessing it is another layer of protection against the dust getting into the rest of the house.  It was odd because it looked like they were trying to seal the door to the basement shut.  It made me wonder if we shouldn't go down there, but Bill said that had been up around lunchtime and they had been going in and out.

  When I looked out the window at one point I saw the old small window get hit out of the wall.  It was pretty fun to watch.  I wish I could have gotten it on film.  Tank was trying to eat while they were doing this and he kept getting a bit distracted.

  This is the inside of where my egress window will be.  They framed it but didn't get to putting any of the parts in yet.  There is also part of a framed wall hanging out there.  There won't be a wall there, so it's pretty funny.

  This was unexpected.  I almost wish we could keep it this open, but I know Bill would like a door and some walls to help keep the stuff he will be doing from getting all over.  I'm not totally sure what all he will be doing in there, but there might be some metal working or something else pretty cool.

  I thought the brick on my house was a thin layer, but it looks like they may have used standard bricks.
  Tank didn't growl at the people yesterday, but he did again today.  Bill thinks it's really funny how he does that.  Yesterday he was also growling in his sleep.  I'm thinking of using the relax spray some more, in case he is becoming more stressed than he is letting on.  He will also be confused because he won't get to see Fiona for a week.  At least he has my knitting to help with to keep him busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment