Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Remodel Day 22: More Trenching and Framing

  They did a pretty good job trenching for the outlet in the middle of the gaming area.  We have really cool plans to put a gaming table with a TV in the middle there.  The outlet will mean we won't have to run an extension cord across the room.  It'll be really weird for the person in the future who looks at our house, but that is their problem.

  They also finished framing for my pocket doors.  They are actually smaller than I thought, but that's a good thing.  It means I will have more wall space than I thought.  They took more of the ceiling down, but other than that my doorway distracted me from seeing what all they got done.
  They did pull up the old protective paper on the floor in the hall, vacuum, and put new paper down.  It isn't as flat as the first two layers were, but it will do what it needs to.  From what I've heard they are really close to putting the drywall up.  I'm not sure if another inspection is needed or not.  The last one was done over video chat, which is really cool.  It keeps the projects going and not having the inspectors going out more than they really need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment