Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Framing Day 10: I'm Confused.

  They have started to work on the framing for the outer walls.  We feel like they still have more things to get done before they do this.  There is still a bunch of old plumbing that needs to be taken out, plumbing that needs to be moved, and they need to cut out to widen the other window.  Bill says he is going to talk to them about it.

  Most of the photos from now on will be inside stuff.  Since they have done everything to fix the foundation, there isn't much to do out there for a bit.  They will still need to work on my egress window and fill in around it, but we don't know when that will happen.

  It is also interesting how there is a board sandwich on the top.  We didn't check all of them, but the boards by the other window aren't nailed in, so they might just be spacing them for later and will adjust if needed before nailing them on.  Right now they are just on either side of the current window, which is not the four feet it needs.  They might also plan on cutting out the window area.
  I was super confident in my chart the other day, but I actually found a mistake.  I hadn't counted the actual stitches that I had that row using and I only had 12 stitches being accounted for when I had 13 stitches to use.  It was something easy to fix, and I'm glad I caught it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment