Monday, April 20, 2020

Electric Day 20: It Was Shocking

  Saturday was a pretty short day.  They just cleaned up a bunch of the rubble and took the bagged up drywall out to the dumpster.  Probably letting some of the recent cement finish setting before they did anything else.
  Sunday is usually not a work day, so it was the perfect day to change out the dumpsters.  We had number 69 before and now we have 70.  I find that funny.

  They are framing the vent area.  I thought only electrical things were going on down there, but there were also some framing activities happening.  They have a chop saw down there, which will be easier than when they had one in the front yard.

  Half of my pocket door railing has been installed.  I'm so excited for this, they are going to look so cool.  I have wanted one of these since I saw it at someone's house.  I kow it gives me less wall space to put storage, since it will be a double door, but I'm okay with that because of how cool it will look.

  They are getting wires to all the places they will need to be.  New lights, new outlets, new switches.  Though I did hear a concerning conversation while I was eating lunch.
  Guy 1: Are you okay?
  Guy 2: *replies so quietly that I don't hear it*
  Guy 1: Didn't you check it?
  Guy 2: I didn't. Hahahaha, the wire is live!

  No one is allowed to get hurt on the job in my house!  It will also be interesting to see some of the placements of the outlets in the future in Bill's room.  He wants them above the usual height because he is going to have a lot of work benches and this way he won't have to snake wires down behind them.  Right now they have one in an area that will be inside of a wall and the rest at the usual level.  He figures we'll give them a day or two and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment