Thursday, April 9, 2020

Framing Day 12: I'm Glad They Aren't Outside

    All we heard most of the day was a lot of hammering sounds, well, that and the wind.  It was so windy out there today.  We are also getting to the point where things will slow down because inspectors will need to come out to check on each finished step before we can move onto the next one.  I was wondering how the whole thing was going to take so long since they seem pretty far, but that is where the time comes from.

  Bill was wondering if it wasn't the door that was the problem, but the floor.  It does look like the floor is to blame.  Not sure why it would be doing that.
  Tank has been starting to get into the swing of being locked in a room for most of the day.  He is good about letting me know when he needs to go out, but he did growl and charge downstairs yesterday.  I had to go run after him to bring him back and he was downstairs this morning.  Once we get closed in he has been getting better about it.

  It is getting harder and harder to spread out.  The one thing I wanted to have on this that I don't see on most feather and fan shawl patterns is the feather and fan slowly growing on the increase edges.  Most just have a plain solid area until there is enough to add another repeat.  I always think that looks a bit odd, so I worked out a way to have it slowly growing as the outer sections grow.  I'm hoping it will look good but it will be hard to totally tell until we get it off the needles and spread out.  I'm also wondering if I want to go back to the first color for the garter section on the bottom or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment