Sunday, April 26, 2020

Drywall Day 26: Bring in More Drywall!

  I thought their pile of drywall seemed a bit small.  Turns out that it was because part of the way through the day they brought in more.  I didn't get to see how they brought it all in this time, so I'm wondering if they used similar techniques or not.

  I'm not sure if there is a difference between the purple ones from the white ones.  I'm guessing that there probably isn't because the purple isn't just in the bathroom area, it's in other spots as well.  I also don't know if it is in other spots just because they had scraps from this and had gaps to fill.  I also know the walls won't stay purple, but I like it and I know it is under there.

  The basement is looking both more open and closed in at the same time.  The light colored walls are helping the space to look brighter and more open, but the walls make it more closed in.  It's an odd sensation going down there.
  It's becoming more and more real to me.  It has just been a semi-finished storage space for so long that it is odd to think about it as a basement that we will use often.  I'm also really excited to watch movies down there and play games.  Tank won't know what to do with himself.  I wonder if he remembers how it looked before we started.  It will definitely not smell the same as it did before we started.

  This is my teeny tiny craft closet.  Bill barely fits in there.  While he was standing in there I told him that I now know where to put the body.  I'm not sure what all I will be putting in there, but it won't be a lot.  I could even put my dress form in there.  I might put some of my less used types of fabric in there.  We shall see.

  The knitting is kind of slow going because I'm on a return row from a pattern row.  It's my least favorite row because the yarn overs try to move around and everything feels tight when sliding the stitches off the cable to the needle.  I'm also not sure how long to make it, but I will measure how long it is once I reach the row that I plan to stop on and see if it is good or if it needs another repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment