Wednesday, February 2, 2022

The Hatathon Is a Go!

Pattern: Lucky Bamboo Hat - Yarn: Kraemer Yarns Tatamy Tweed in Loganberry - Needles: US 6
  It's 2/2/22 and I'm excited for the Hatathon.  According to the rules the hats don't have to be started in the month of February, only finished.  That means that the brioche hat I have started will count since I'm now down to the brim but am not done with it.  I guess the level of "finished" is up to you.  Do you have to still have live stitches on your needles in February, or does weaving in the ends count?  That's up to you.  I don't have to worry about that because one of the hats I thought I was going to finish for the Hatathon I completely finished on January 30th, forgetting that I was going to do this.
  I'm hoping my team will win.  There isn't a prize for winning or anything, it was even suggested that everyone give a guestimate on how many hats they plan to finish to keep the teams balanced.  Here is the team I'm on:

 Melbourne Marathon (31)
•  MKmaineknitter (3)
•  Hollive (2)
•  companion42 (4)
•  gmilor (6)

•  RLknitter (6)
•  MinnieMay9 (5)
•  Craftistic (1)
•  DebO31 (4) 

  I feel like I'm off to a slow start because yesterday I had to work most of the day and forgot to bring my knitting in to work on while the meeting was happening.  I'll also have to remember to make Ravelry project pages about my projects and also remember to tag them with "febhats2022" when I do.  I'm planning on making a few of my own patterns and publishing the one I finished the test knit for during this time.  Hopefully it will bring more traffic to them.

  This is going to be my first finished hat.  I think the yarn made a huge difference when it comes to seeing the pattern.  I'm also going to have to be careful when weaving in my ends because my mom said that both sides look good.  I'm still wondering if the pattern, as a whole, is good to go or not.
  The goal had been to finish this tonight at knitting, but the day as a whole, had another plan.  I ended yesterday by going to bed this morning and not feeling very well because of how late I stayed up.  After sleeping poorly I started the day by not feeling too great.  When I went to mix Tank's food with his antibiotic I put "too much" hairball gel in there.  He didn't mind, but I didn't know how his insides would feel about it.
  When my mom got to my house we watched some Project Runway and then headed out.  She wanted some more dragon fruit and I wanted to look for Sumo oranges.  We were on our way and I realized I forgot my wallet.  It was okay because I have my Sam's Club membership card saved to an app on my phone.  We fund the fruit we wanted and went to check out.  That's where my mom realized that she didn't have her credit card.  I was able to pay for our food with the Sam's Club money we have earned so far.  We then had to figure out what to do.
  We stopped off at a bank to get some money out to pay for dinner.  I looked up the phone number for the Commissary, which is where the credit card was last used.  They had the card and we had plenty of time to get there.  It took about an hour, and when we got there the nice lady explained that they needed to do a refund because no one noticed the card was still in the machine until the cashier hit Total for the person who had been behind my mom.  One of the items off the receipt wouldn't let them return it because it was a item weighed on the scale, but they did a return without receipt and it worked just fine after that.  She got a little over $100 back and we were told that it happens all the time.  One guy got a $1500 refund for the same thing happening to him.
  We found dinner out that way and were at Mission Barbeque until it was almost time for them to close.  We then headed to my mom's house to give Nezumi her wet food with her medicine and then home for me.  Since I'm still tired from last night, I'm going to head to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment