Sunday, February 13, 2022

Third Hat Done and The Fourth is Looking Pretty Good

Pattern: Show Time Crochet Hat by The Crochet Crowd - Yarn: unknown - Hook: 5.5mm
  Apparently the ten extra stitches make a lot of difference.  On this one I did plain rows even with the single crochet between the drops, a row of double crochet drops with no singles between, a row of around the post half doubles, a skip every other half double around the post round, then sc2tog all around.  It's still a bit more dramatic of a decrease than I wanted, but I didn't want the top to look too open.  I think this pattern would also make a nice cowl if you put the same half-double crochets on the top as well.

  The shorter tan/cream one with the dark eyes in the middle is only shorter because I wrapped the spiral the other way when playing with it.  It also appears that I had three different purples that I was working with before.  I have started working on a post about yarn and hook combinations so that way it will be easier to keep track of all of that.  The post is also going to have the tutorial on how to add the beads for the eyes.

  I got a lot done on the fourth hat between the K&CC Group and going to a bar later in the day.  I should pack some headphones or something in my knitting bag because we were not expecting karaoke to happen, and it was pretty loud.  I was able to get some mental breaks from the noise by going outside, but I hadn't dressed for that, so I got chilly pretty quickly.  The Habanero Bloody Mary wasn't as spicy as I was expecting and was oddly sweet.  The Old Firehouse #3's hummus platter was pretty good though.  I'd go back, but more prepared next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment