Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Experiments and Katsucon

   I had a no bones day (A “bones day” means it's going to be a productive day) and I was all out of spoons (Spoon theory is a metaphor that is used to describe the amount of mental or physical energy a person has available for daily activities and tasks), so I decided to experiment a little.  All the clear glitter beads would have hard time showing up against the yarn for Worry Worms.  I didn't want to rule them out entirely though.  The light-colored transparent beads may also have the same problem.  I wasn't sure what paint would work best, so I figured I'd start with nail polish.  I'm worried that acrylic paint might not stick to the plastic and just peel off.

Pattern: Woven Lattice Hat - Yarn: unknown - Needle: US 8
  We got to Katsucon later in the day on Friday.  The at-the-door badge line was a lot shorter than the pre-registration line.  There were no panels we wanted to go to at the time, so we wondered around for a bit.  We saw some people we knew but everyone was heading somewhere.  We then headed back to the room where I finished the hat.

  Saturday was a blur of fun.  There were people yelling and slamming doors the night before, so I had a hard time falling asleep.  Bill was unaffected by these people.  The outfit I wanted to wear didn't fit because of the pandemic-pounds I have put on, so I just wore the fun t-shirt I brought with some leggings.
  We went to Bobby Mackey's Dueling Piano Bar for lunch.  I got the Katsu-Curry and it was really good.  Most of the rest of the day was spent going to some group photoshoots, wondered the hall to look at costumes, and we also bought some stuff in the dealer's room.  Dinner was with Jim and we had some good beers.
  I started to get a headache, so I didn't go to the J-Fashion show.  I was tempted to not go to the Lolita Roast and Toast either, but I went anyway.  I was so glad I went.  It was so funny and some of those dresses are very "interesting".  It needed to be a much longer panel because everyone was having such a great time making fun of the dresses.
  Sunday was a quick stop off in the Artist's Alley before a Critical Role group shoot.  I ate chicken fingers on the way home.

  For me, the After-Con blues can very real sometimes.  I have found that the best way to deal with that is to have fun things at home.  For lunch on Monday I made some really good butternut squash.
Butternut squash, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and cinnamon
The slices are coated in the olive oil and the spices are just sprinkled over the top on both sides 
Baked for 40 minutes at 400°

  I also looked into some really cute crochet patterns:

   Also, for anyone who likes numbers: Happy 2/22/22 on a Tuesdays! (Twosday)

No comments:

Post a Comment